Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This executive-level role will design, implement and manage a comprehensive security program to protect people and assets, reduce risk and ensure business continuity.
SMR Group is seeking executive-level candidates for this leadership role in our client’s global organization. Reporting to the President, you will build and direct a sophisticated security and risk management program designed to protect our client’s people and operations at locations across the US and abroad. This is an opportunity for an exceptionally well-qualified, experienced security professional to serve as both a member of senior leadership and as a strategic partner for the global business. Successful candidates for this role will have a combination of experience that includes management responsibilities in a Federal Government agency and private sector leadership with a global remit within a public company. Your strong executive presence will enable you to effectively interface with all levels of employees and be an influential leader. A background managing challenging security projects is also essential. While the position is located in the New England region of the US, you must be available to travel internationally. An exceptionally generous compensation package that includes relocation assistance is on offer for this executive role.
- Create, lead and direct effective security and risk management initiatives designed to safeguard the enterprise, mitigate risk and ensure business continuity.
- Implement standard security operating procedures that support consistency across locations.
- Continually work to improve the effectiveness of programs and build customized comprehensive training to achieve organizational goals.
- Direct complex projects in support of strategic plans and infrastructure protection.
- Work closely with senior management to formulate an insider threat program, address logistics and supply chain security and expand business continuity capabilities.
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- US Federal Government experience with agencies such as the Secret Service.
- Substantial relevant private sector security management experience in a public company with global operations.
- US citizenship mandatory with the ability to obtain a high-risk clearance.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Business acumen commensurate with senior security leadership roles with global responsibility.
- Proven influential leader.
- Effective communicator skilled at interacting with all levels of an organization, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and working well with foreign officials.
- Analytical thinker who can develop intelligence, lead investigations and effectively run challenging security projects.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2019 Security Management Resources®