Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This position provides oversight for our client’s enterprise-wide physical security operations program.
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, this senior role is responsible for development and oversight of a security program that governs physical security controls and operations to protect our client’s global enterprise. You will work to plan and implement current and future strategies for optimal protection that are aligned with corporate goals. You will additionally oversee a team that manages a 24/7 global security incident response platform. Exceptional communication skills together with strong executive presence will help you to effectively convey information to a diverse audience. Extensive relevant experience that includes supervisory and private sector experience will contribute to your success in this leadership role. This position is located in the North Central US and includes relocation assistance for the right candidate.
These are a few responsibilities of the position:
- Design facility security strategies to include risk assessment and controls, process validation and physical security integration for new entities.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term policies, procedures and operational processes that drive physical security operations governance.
- Manage processes and oversee resources that support a 24/7 global security incident response platform in strategic alignment with the organization.
Some of the qualifications required to succeed in this role:
- Substantial relevant security experience in the private and/or public-sectors, at least five years of which has been in a corporate role.
- Senior leadership and management of a global physical security program in a multinational business environment.
- Subject matter expert on best practices for global physical security standards with solid GSOC experience and thorough understanding of physical security technology and systems.
- Ability to travel internationally and available for on-call status on a scheduled basis.
The slate of competencies and skills that will set you apart:
- Critical thinker who demonstrates initiative and is decisive.
- Strong communicator with the ability to deliver compelling presentations to a wide audience.
- Executive presence who can engage with a diverse group at all levels of the organization.
- Business acumen commensurate with a senior security leadership role.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!