Author: SMR Recruitment Team
Security Management Resources has been retained by a global institutional investor in Abu Dhabi to assist with building and strengthening their security team.
Our client is a global institutional investor who has holdings across multiple sectors, geographies and asset classes. Its team is world-class and demonstrates the highest standards of leadership, integrity and professionalism.
Our client is seeking prospective candidates for security positions across several levels. These security roles represent pivotal opportunities with the potential to significantly grow and advance the careers of successful candidates.
Well-known and highly regarded in the global financial industry, our client is committed to hiring diverse talent reflective of their strong cultural values. As a result, they consistently recruit and invest in top talent who are key to the ongoing success of the institution. With a workforce comprised of both local and international backgrounds, SMR’s client is emblematic of the success that can be achieved when diverse backgrounds and expertise are brought together in a collaborative environment.
On offer for successful candidates is a comprehensive expatriate package including schooling, housing and medical cover. Once onboard, our client focuses on retention of high-performers and provides a work environment focused on long-term growth and development. Educational opportunities abound as do diverse programs and resources designed to engage and develop individuals to their highest potential.
This challenging position for an experienced manager will supervise a team of control room operators. In addition to oversight, management and development of your personnel, you will assess incidents and prioritize escalation of issues on a 24/7 shift rotation. Your extensive knowledge of electronic security and monitoring systems together with your experience in the fire and life safety sector will enable you to develop policies and standards for operational security functions. Our client would prefer someone with Middle East regional experience, however this recruitment is open to well-qualified candidates globally.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Supervise all day-to-day operations of a control room team on a 24/7 shift rotation in accordance with legal and operational compliance standards.
- Function as a key security partner for other departments and external agencies and emergency services.
- Evaluate and manage the contracts for third-party security vendors.
Your Education and Experience Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study.
- Extensive relevant security control room supervisory experience in either a medium or large-sized organization together with knowledge of both international and regional safety and security standards.
- Membership and participation in relevant professional organizations.
Your Competencies and Skills Define You As:
- An ambitious, sophisticated self-starter able to step into the role of decision maker when the need arises.
- An excellent communicator with English and (preferably) Arabic language skills.
- A partner adept at forging relationships across the organization. A problem solver who can quickly and decisively develop responses consistent with objectives.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!