Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This role in the US Midwest leads a wide range of security operations in the area for our multinational client.
This role will manage and oversee a broad range of security operations at this location and at other client-held assets in the area. You will lead a staff of security personnel and work closely with internal clients and teams. Key relationships with government agencies and security practitioners within the area will mean you are able to keep senior leadership abreast of area-wide security issues and emerging threats to the enterprise. Our corporate client is looking for someone with a security background that includes experience in a manufacturing environment, therefore knowledge of relevant regulations and standards would be a definite plus. Located in the US Midwest, our multinational client is offering an exceptional array of benefits for the right candidate.
Here Are Some of Your Responsibilities:
- Manage and facilitate a comprehensive site security plan that ensures protection of infrastructure, assets and personnel.
- Function as the security subject matter expert, overseeing activities such as threat and risk assessment, crisis management, contingency planning and security awareness training.
- Manage site and contractor security personnel.
- Acquire and develop a wide-ranging network of contacts across both public and private sectors.
The Education and Experience You Need:
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Law enforcement or military background with knowledge of relevant laws and statutes.
- Security management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Availability on a 24/7 basis to lead in the event of threats or emergencies.
Competencies and Skills That Set You Apart:
- Industry savvy leader able to effectively communicate with and influence a wide audience.
- Relationship builder with the presence required to work closely with senior management and nurture strong external networks.
- Analytic thinker able to quickly assess, develop and implement required solutions.
- Hands-on manager and strategic team player.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!