Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This senior role requires a multi-disciplined security leader to oversee security and crisis management in North America for our multinational client.
SMR has been engaged to recruit a senior-level security professional to oversee a broad portfolio of security services in the US and Canada for our client, a leading multinational. You will have a direct reporting relationship to the Global Security Director with a functional reporting relationship to local Americas management. You will be viewed as the subject matter expert regarding regional security issues. You will provide support to senior leadership, ensuring that security policies are fully implemented while providing the business with guidance in risk assessment and threat mitigation to ensure our client’s business continuity in the region.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in protection of enterprise assets in a global organization together with relevant public sector experience. Strong managerial and influencing skills and excellent business acumen are also key. You will also be adept at communicating with a diverse audience, building trusted relationships and have strong intelligence networks within the region. Relocation is offered for this position in Atlanta, Georgia, and travel throughout the North American region on a regular basis will be required.
Responsibilities of the Position – What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assess, design and deliver security services and solutions that protect our client’s enterprise within the region.
- Conduct and oversee internal and external risk and threat assessments, ensuring protection of personnel, assets and intellectual property.
- Function as the crisis management focal point in any incident, managing the security of personnel, reputation and business. Manage and conduct a range of investigations.
- Champion activities that support security and safety standards and lead improvement efforts.
- Build strong relationships with private- and public-sector agencies that focus on safety, security, crisis management and business resiliency.
Some of the Education and Experience You Need:
- Demonstrated relevant managerial experience within a multinational company.
- Diverse background derived from years of experience within law enforcement, intelligence services or military.
- Background inclusive of a broad range of security program management responsibilities.
- Extensive experience in crisis management planning and response.
- Continuing education together with membership in relevant associations.
These are Competencies and Skills that Set You Apart:
- Creative thinker capable of proactively analyzing complex operational challenges and delivering dedicated support.
- Motivational leader able to build consensus, provide direction and earn confidence and trust at all levels.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Effective situationally-savvy manager.
- Skill at managing outsourced operations.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2018 Security Management Resources®