Author: SMR Recruitment Team
Previous brand protection experience in the Americas for a multinational manufacturer is required for this senior security management role.
SMR is seeking well-qualified candidates for an exciting regional brand protection role with our multinational client. You will be responsible for executing the organization’s strategic product security plans and strategies within the Americas. You will also initiate and manage complex investigations surrounding brand reputation including counterfeit, diversion and related supply chain security issues. Product authenticity and integrity as well as trademark and other product quality issues are the main focal points of this key role. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in brand protection, essential for building the investigation skills and knowledge of applicable laws required for the position. You will be adept at teaming with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and external law enforcement authorities to investigate complex cases and have a track record of successful recovery and closure. This position located on the east coast of the US offers a generous compensation package that includes bonus and shares together with possible relocation assistance for candidates already within the region.
A Few of Your Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the strategic brand protection plan within the region.
- Identify gaps and opportunities and successfully execute programs to proactively stop counterfeit and diversion risk.
- Initiate and manage sometimes complex investigations surrounding product diversion, illicit trading, counterfeit product and reputational risk.
- Maintain strong relationships with local law enforcement agencies to facilitate prompt and effective legal actions designed for loss recovery.
- Deliver a strong value proposition for the brand protection program.
Your Education and Experience:
- University degree in a security-related discipline or experience equivalent; graduate degree preferred.
- Corporate security background with a large multinational to include substantial brand protection experience and a record of successful initiation of actions related to counterfeiting and product diversion within the region.
- Substantial investigation experience together with strong relationships with local and international law enforcement, government agencies and regulatory authorities.
- Fluency in English is required. Other languages spoken within the Americas region are a plus.
- Business acumen and integrity commensurate with senior-level experience.
- Analytical thinker with a track record of successful implementation of programs.
- Effective and influential communicator, comfortable with all levels of management and authorities.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage projects concurrently and strategically.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!