Author: SMR Recruitment Team
SMR is seeking a senior security manager with a strong, varied skillset to lead our client’s protection services program.
This new management role with SMR’s multinational client is an opportunity for a physically fit, confident, experienced security professional to join a global team chartered with the conceptualization, design and implementation of leading-edge protection programs. Your broad portfolio of responsibilities will require you to work collaboratively with all levels of management as well as external partners in both the public and private sectors. You will additionally advise on matters related to security and emergency services issues. Your background should include experience in risk assessment and security operations in both domestic and international arenas. Please note that this role requires the flexibility to be available on a 24 x 7 basis. Relocation is being offered for this position located on the West Coast of the US.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a wide range of effective and efficient security programs ensuring strategic objectives are met.
- Oversight of contracted services with a focus on improvement and alignment.
- Consult on assessment of risk, operational methodologies and standards and provide guidance and support in emergency incidents.
- Support executive protection operations as needed.
- Network and build close relationships with external law enforcement agencies.
The Education and Experience You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Previous responsibility providing executive protection for senior level management.
- Extensive position-relevant experience in a leadership capacity overseeing operational security and risk management with responsibility for complex long- and short-term planning.
- Knowledge of physical security processes and procedures including emergency systems, services, operations centers and related vendors and suppliers.
- Experience working with a wide variety of individuals across backgrounds and cultures.
Competencies and Skills That Set You Apart:
- Proactive and independently motivated with sharp focus and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly communicate findings and recommendations, engender confidence and trust and influence positive outcomes.
- Effective, situationally savvy manager.
- Relationship builder who thrives on mentorship across a diverse audience.
Our client consistently practices inclusion to maintain a diverse workforce. They are committed to equal opportunity employment. Diverse candidates who reflect this inclusive culture are encouraged to apply for this position.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2019 Security Management Resources®