Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This new role will be responsible for management of a comprehensive security program.
This new position offers a great opportunity for someone who is perhaps leaving the public sector to step into a leadership role within a well-regarded non-profit organization. You will be responsible for a variety of aspects of a comprehensive physical security and incident response program including facility risk and security, safety and compliance. You will additionally serve as the point of contact for all incidents that may occur, interacting with public agencies as needed. This role requires someone who has extensive experience running similar programs. Strong communication skills together with a commanding presence and the ability to effectively liaise with executive management are key competencies. The position is in Chicago and we are seeking local candidates only as relocation is not offered.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to design and continually upgrade a comprehensive workplace security and safety program.
- Address facility risk assessments and ensure all physical and electronic access controls are both leading edge and compliant.
- Ensure the safety of all personnel and visitors, serving as the point of contact for the guard force and surveillance personnel.
- Establish ongoing training programs to promote a culture of security and safety.
- Serve on the crisis management team and function as incident manager for all incidents.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field of study.
- Fifteen years of progressively responsible security experience running similar programs.
- Technical expertise with all aspects of a physical security program.
- Participation in ongoing professional development.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at an executive level.
- Team player successful at working collaboratively with a wide range of both internal and external clients.
- Critical and analytical thinker who can interpret complex concepts and develop intelligence.
- Strong professional ethics and personal integrity.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2020 Security Management Resources®