Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This corporate security role is a perfect opportunity for a security practitioner with altruistic tendencies to contribute to a global mission focused on human rights stability.
Challenging times require strength of spirit, and SMR couldn’t be more proud to have been selected by our client, an altruistic non-profit focused on better lives for individuals and communities, to fill a brand new role for a Manager of Safety and Physical Security. Today people want to work for respectful organizations that are focused on real stability in our world. This role offers just such an excellent opportunity for a compassionate, public-spirited humanitarian with solid physical security skills to contribute to a positive global mission. Similar to other positions SMR has recruited for previously, this role represents a great opportunity for someone who is perhaps transitioning from the public sector to step into a leadership role in corporate security. Compensation is in the high five figures. The position is located in the Chicagoland area of Illinois, and we are seeking local candidates only as relocation is not offered.
- Work in a spirit of collaboration with diverse stakeholders to manage robust physical security, life safety, risk management and incident response programs.
- Perform facility risk assessments; ensure physical and electronic access controls are compliant while continually assessing for improvement.
- Work as the point of contact for guard force and surveillance personnel to ensure the safety of all personnel and visitors.
- Develop an ongoing training program to promote a culture of security and safety.
- Serve on the crisis management team and function as incident manager for all incidents.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field of study.
- Fifteen years of progressively responsible security experience running similar programs in either the public or private sector.
- Technical expertise with complex aspects of a physical security program.
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the presence to influence at an executive level.
- Team player successful at working collaboratively with a wide range of both internal and external clients.
- Critical and analytical thinker who can interpret complex concepts and develop intelligence.
- Strong professional ethics and personal integrity. Commitment to positive contribution in service.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2020 Security Management Resources