Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This senior role is responsible for leading comprehensive security programs designed to protect our client’s enterprise and build resiliency.
SMR has been engaged to recruit a strong security leader for our well-respected client in the San Francisco Bay area. This is the senior-most security position in the company and offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an organization consistently voted as one of the country’s top employers. You will be responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive security program designed to protect our client’s enterprise. You will be chartered with strengthening and managing a team of security professionals and will work closely with executive leadership to align effective risk management strategies with business operations and goals. Your extensive background across a wide range of security disciplines will contribute to your success in this leadership role. Exceptional communication skills together with a trusted, strong executive presence will enable you to effectively convey information to a diverse audience. Our client offers an outstanding benefits package to include bonus opportunities and relocation to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Design and direct long-term security, risk and crisis management strategies designed to safeguard the enterprise, ensure continuity of operations and build long-term resiliency.
- Lead and mentor an effective team including direct reports and service contractors.
- Foster productive working relationships with officials in law enforcement, government agencies and with private-sector counterparts.
- University degree in a relevant area of study with an advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
- Substantial multi-disciplined security experience, many years of which have been in corporate security leadership roles.
- Experience with and knowledge of the programs and technology required in today’s complex threat environment.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Business acumen and leadership skills commensurate with progressively senior security roles.
- Effective communicator skilled at interacting with all levels of an organization and with diverse audiences.
- Innovative and skilled in process improvement with understanding of relevant complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Passion for developing talent and departmental resilience.
- Customer-focused and effective in an open campus environment.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2018 Security Management Resources®