Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This senior security role in our client’s organization requires a strong leader to develop a comprehensive physical security and crisis planning program.
SMR is seeking senior security management candidates for this exciting new role. Our New York City-based client is seeking a strategic thinker to develop, implement and lead a comprehensive physical security and crisis planning program. This is the senior-most physical security management position within the organization. You will be chartered with ensuring security processes are in place to reduce risk, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability in order to reduce financial loss. You will identify significant security risks then design and implement strategies and programs to prevent/reduce loss of organizational assets. The ideal candidate for this role will be a visionary who can anticipate and identify opportunities and challenges and design effective strategies and actions that are aligned with the business. Our client prefers someone who has both public and private sector leadership. Please note that relocation assistance is not available for this position. Candidates must already live in the Metro New York City area.
Some of Your Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a comprehensive security plan; implement and direct the program to ensure protection of assets, infrastructure and people across all locations.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, third party contractors and relevant law enforcement agencies and organizations to ensure responsible physical security and crisis planning.
- Develop a security awareness training program designed to reduce risk for all employees and contractors.
- Initiate and ensure services in response to criminal financial loss, crimes against persons, sabotage, threats, emergencies, illegal acts and property or environmental crimes.
- Regularly brief senior and executive management of the status of security issues.
The Education and Experience You Need:
- A University degree in an area of study relevant to this position.
- Substantial management experience in a combination of both public and private sector organizations.
- Leadership experience within public sector agencies, law enforcement or military.
- Extensive knowledge of physical security measures, programs and best-in-class security processes.
- Experience managing both capital and expense budgets.
Competencies and Skills That Set You Apart:
- Strategic thinker who can successfully execute projects.
- Strong communication skills, able to present and influence effective solutions and build consensus.
- Collaborative team player who works effectively with all levels of an organization.
- State-of-the-art technical excellence.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!
All Content ©2020 Security Management Resources®