Author: SMR Recruitment Team
This executive role in the Midwest US requires public and private sector experience to lead an enterprise-wide security risk management program.
This is the senior-most security role within our client’s organization. You will be responsible for the development and fostering of an enterprise-wide contemporary security program. You will work closely with the executive team to direct and manage strategies that assess and mitigate risk and safeguard all aspects of the organization. Compliance with any relevant regulatory standards will also be one of your top priorities. This instrumental role requires a seasoned security executive skilled at communicating with all levels of an organization. You must also have a combination of both public and private sector management experience. Located in the Midwest US, this position includes an exceptionally attractive executive compensation package that includes robust benefits and relocation assistance.
These are a few responsibilities of the position:
- Identify, develop, implement and oversee a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, enterprise-wide security risk management program.
- Direct and manage a team responsible for all activities that ensure protection of executives, all employees and visitors as well as all physical and information assets.
- Develop strong relationships with private sector counterparts and high-level law enforcement to include security, intelligence and other relevant government functions.
- Design and manage physical security policies and standards to effectively identify threats, mitigate risk and protect all assets of the organization. Train, mentor and effectively manage personnel.
Some of the education and experience required to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. An advanced degree in a role-relevant area of study is highly desirable.
- A government/public-sector background is essential together with extensive contacts within that community.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a significant corporate security leadership role within a private-sector organization of comparable size and scope.
- Experience managing capital and expense budgets for complex, geographically dispersed security operations.
The slate of competencies and skills that will set you apart:
- Business acumen that includes senior leadership skills.
- Approachable and empathetic communicator who can easily connect with all levels.
- High-level analyst and strategic thinker who can interpret and understand complex issues and develop consensus and solutions.
- Commitment to lead and mentor personnel in education and training advancement.
SMR doesn’t list all the positions for which we’re currently recruiting on our site! In order to ensure your details are immediately available to us for all of our searches, Log In to place your resume or CV on file with us and to keep your information current. Don’t forget to Sign Up to receive job listings specific to your region of the world in which you’re interested!